Norfolk mum says possessed china doll is haunting family | Daily Mail Online
Mother-of-one says possessed china figure is haunting her family after husband wakes with doll hand-sized scratches on his leg
- Debbie Merrick, 50, bought the doll as part of a set of three second hand for £5
- She claims her husband woke up with small scratches on his leg one morning
- She put two and two together when a medium friend said the doll had ‘something in it’
- Spooked mother-of-one has now put the doll on eBay in a bid to get rid of it
A mother believes her family is being terrorised by a haunted china doll, which she has banished to the shed, after her husband sustained small ‘doll hand’ scratches on his leg.
Debbie Merrick, 50, says she feels sick just touching the toy after she bought it three weeks ago from a second-hand shop for £5.
Although Mrs Merrick kept the sinister-looking doll in their spare room, the mother-of-one says husband Cameron, also 50, woke up with unexplained small scratches on his right leg a week after the doll’s arrival in their home.
Debbie Merrick, left, purchased the three dolls for around £5 in a second-hand shop, thinking they might be worth money
Mrs Merrick’s friend, a medium, said the doll had ‘something in it’, even refusing the sleep in the same house as it
Mrs Merrick’s friend, a medium, told her the china toy had ‘something in it’ prompting her to fearfully bundle it into a box in the shed.
She’s since found the doll has ‘moved’ and taken its own necklace off while in the box, so Mrs Merrick has put the doll on eBay, refusing to touch it again.
Mrs Merrick, from Kings Lynn, Norfolk, said: ‘I don’t know why I decided to buy the dolls. It was a bit strange, but at the time I didn’t think much about it. Even that’s unusual.
‘They were really cheap, they were only £5 I think, and I thought they would probably be worth quite a bit of money.
‘It’s really just the one doll with the white dress I don’t like. I didn’t particularly even like touching that one when I bought it. The other two I don’t mind as much.’
The bottom of Mrs Merrick’s husband’s leg, which is covered in ‘doll hand’ scratches, they say
The back and shoes of the creepy doll, which Mrs Merrick thinks is haunting her home after her husband got scratch marks
‘The smoke alarms keep going off, and one night I heard the floorboards creaking and thought it might have been my daughter Holly up, but when I checked on her she was asleep.
‘Then one morning my husband said to me, “I’ve got scratches all over my legs”.
‘It definitely hadn’t happened before. They looked a bit like cat scratches and were sore.
‘My husband is a complete non-believer. He’s still trying to come up with an explanation.
‘The scratches do look like they’ve been done by something small, like little doll hand scratches.
‘Holly keeps telling people that the creepy doll scratched her Dad’s leg.
‘I’ve had a nightmare about a doll dragging itself along the floor towards me.’
The box in the shed where the doll has been banished as the mother-of-one tries to get rid of it via eBay
Mrs Merrick says she’ll donate the doll if she doesn’t manage to sell it on the online auction site
Mrs Merrick says the dastardly doll was locked away in the shed after a medium friend freaked out about staying in the same house as it, claiming it had something inside it.
But just two days later, when she was searching the shed for another item, she was terrified to see the doll appear to have taken off its necklace.
Mrs Merrick, who says she has had paranormal experiences since the age of five including seeing a ghost, said: ‘When I brought the dolls through for them to take a look she said, “get it out, it’s got something in it”.
‘She refused to sleep in the same house as it, she was freaking out about it.
‘I put it in the shed in a box, and placed things on top of it.
‘Then the other day I had to go into the shed to get something, and when I looked in the box the necklace on the doll was completely off and the doll was in a different position, I’m sure.
‘When I’d packed it away I’d made sure the necklace was wrapped around its neck about four times.
‘I was quite scared of it to be honest. I just kept thinking “how?”
‘I didn’t want to touch it and when I had to touch it I felt sick.’
And the necklace incident was the last straw for the spooked mother, who proceeded to stick the doll on eBay for £25 in hope of getting rid of it.
Left and right, the two other dolls in the set she bought, which she does not believe are haunted
She said: ‘I took some pictures of it because I wanted to put it on eBay, then I left it. I even struggled to upload the pictures to eBay, it was really strange, that had never happened before.
‘I don’t want to go back into the shed now. I won’t touch it again, it can get picked up if it’s bought, and if we need to post it my husband can package it up.
‘Some people on social media have told me it has something in it, some said it doesn’t.
‘If it doesn’t sell I’ll give it to a charity shop.
‘It’s the women in my family who experience paranormal things. In my last house there was definitely something there.
‘I think my dad who died recently might be trying to get in touch.
‘There could be something in the doll. I believe things can attach to items – that’s why I have no old furniture in my house.’
- Olga Pronina performs stunts while riding motorcycle for her fans
- Shocking moment a ‘sleeping driver’ causes a fatal collision
- Man viciously mauled by BEAR after teasing it with dangling food
- A361 crash: Roads blocked after mum and two children die
- ‘You look like a pillar box’: Shopper ranting over niqabbed woman
- Palma airport chaos: Guard shortage leads to ‘ridiculous’ scene
- WH comms director Anthony Scaramucci is removed from post
- Airport ground staff caught throwing suitcases onto luggage belt
- GRAPHIC: Man brutally beaten for asking teens to stop smoking
- WH Advisor Stephen Miller has extraordinary row with CNN reporter
- NTV correspondent punched live on air during report
- Teens filmed giving vicious beat down
- Single father-of-five says his estranged wife is claiming…
- Man who shot dead his stepdaughter and had sex with her…
- ‘Cocaine smuggler’ Cassie Sainsbury pleads for urgent…
- Man accused of raping an unconscious teenager with a beer…
- Father admits he beat his daughter, three, to death…
- German judge tells Syrian woman she must remove her…
- Texas cop ‘left his 11-month-old son to drown in an…
- Boy, 6, ‘left alone at a Florida rest stop with no shoes…
- Man, 42, ‘fathered his 15-year-old relative’s baby after…
- Two men are pinned down and have their eyes gouged out…
- Elderly stabbing suspect, 75, arrested after a woman, 49,…
- ‘Sceptic’ father-of-three who jokingly goaded a spirit to…
- Couple found dead at their isolated Northern Ireland home…
- Pictured: Newborn baby girl left abandoned at a bus stop…
- Nine people EATEN and 130 attacks along a shark-ridden…
- Foster brother of murdered Tialeigh Palmer, 12, asks to…
- ‘I’m a f***ing monster’: Twisted text messages a female…
- From surf gang leader to Middle Eastern criminal and big…
On – 19 Jul, 2017 By Rebecca Taylor