Looking at the success of Paranormal Activity, Warner Bros and Primal Pictures said “screw it” and are going to roll the dice and make some low budget horror flicks – here’s a list of what they’re concocting behind the scenes…
- Hidden from writer-directors Matt and Ross Duffer. The flick focuses on a family who escape a mysterious outbreak by taking refuge in a bomb shelter.
- The Cure, a film about a husband who uses a radical treatment to heal his ailing wife, but it leads to bad things. Beau Michael Thorne penned the script.
- The previously announced The Vatican, which will have The Devil Inside‘s William Brent Bell in the director’s chair.
- Viral, a Stephen Susco (The Grudge) produced story of a vengeful spirit who wreaks havoc on a high school student’s life when she leaves mean messages on the Facebook profile of a dead classmate. Tim and Matt Shechmeister will direct.
- Rise, which was written by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan and is to be directed by David Karlak. This one will offer a “fresh” take on the story of a war between robots and mankind.
- Tape 4, a modern-day Lovecraftian tale by writer Jeremy Slater. Laurent Briet directs.
I don’t know about you, but all of these sound super boring. Thoughts?